Call For Entry
9th Annual Members' ONLY online Juried Exhibition
The Call for Entry is now open. You must be a member of Pastel Artists.CA to enter this exhibition. Acceptance into this exhibition qualifies towards signature status.
Enter Now to be part of our Online Exhibition
The exhibition opens December 1, 2021 on our website
First Place $300
Second Place $200
Third Place $100
5 Honorable Mentions $50 each
All entries must be submitted through EntryThingy. You can download a How To use EntryThingy document below.
- Digital files must be in JPG (jpeg) format. Please ensure that the extension attached to the image file is .jpg. No other formats will be accepted. Only the image visible, no frames, mats etc. Make sure the image is level.
- Images must have a resolution between 1920 and 2400 pixels on its longest side. File size should be no smaller than 500 kb and no larger than 2MB.
- Images that don’t meet these specifications may fail to upload.
Jury fee is $10 per image. Maximum of 3 images
October 1: Open for Submission
November 15 Submission Deadline
November 25: Notifications Emailed
November 30: Award Notification
December 1: Exhibition Online
Meet our JurorS
Patricia Lindley mpac
After participating in the Introductory Design program at the Nova Scotia College of Art, Patricia Lindley was a technical illustrator at the Bedford Institute of Oceanography. She is now a full-time artist and in 2015 graduated from NSCAD University with a Visual Arts Certificate in Studio.
Since 2011 she has participated in over 28 juried events. She served on the Board of the Peggy’s Cove Area Festival of the Arts since 2010. In 2015 she became an Active Member with the Federation of Canadian Artists and in 2019 she was accepted as an Associate Member of the Pastel Society of America. In 2020, she achieved MPAC status with the Pastel Artists of Canada.
Her award winning work is representational and her primary medium is dry pastel though she also creates relief prints, mixed media and oil paint frottage works. She exhibits in Nova Scotian art galleries in Lunenburg, Seabright and Halifax.
Michael Chesley Johnson MPAC
Michael is a Master Pastellist of Pastel Artists Canada and a Signature Member of the American Impressionist Society and the Pastel Society of America. Primarily an outdoor painter, he maintains a summer studio on Campobello Island, New Brunswick, and a winter studio in New Mexico. He has been invited repeatedly to prestigious plein air events such as the Grand Canyon Celebration of Art. In May 2022, he will be on the faculty of the annual Plein Air Convention & Expo in Santa Fe. He’s also a frequent writer for The Artist’s Magazine, Pastel Journal, Watercolor Artist and PleinAir and has authored several books. His new book, Beautiful Landscape Painting Outdoors: Mastering Plein Air, will be released in March 2022 by SoHo Publishing. For more visit www.MChesleyJohnson.com.
Ruth Rodgers MPAC
Ruth Rodgers paints primarily in soft pastels and oils, has achieved Master Pastelist status, and was the former President of PAC. She is inspired by her immediate surroundings and hopes that her work will help viewers to see the beauty in their everyday surroundings. Ruth describes her landscape style as “naturalism,” in which the work attempts to represent how the human eye actually sees. Accordingly, her paintings combine detailed focus points and soft-edged peripheries, and are often expressions of the fleeting effects of light. Each year, she also produces a series of figure paintings, often depicting children on the beaches of her west coast home. See more at www.ruthrodgers.com
- Entry is online through our online submission system, EntryThingy. If you have not used EntryThingy before you will need to create an account first. Check out the How To document
- Entry is not confirmed until submission is complete and payment is received
- Open to PAC members in good standing working in soft pastel.
- A maximum of 3 digital images (jpg), by any one artist, may be entered.
- Entries do not need to be for sale. You do not need to enter a price.
- All works must be original and created within the last 3 years (after October 1, 2018), and not shown in any previous PAC show (online or gallery show).
- Traditional soft pastels only—no oil pastels. The essential qualities of the painting must have been achieved with soft pastel and the final finishing layers of the painting must consist of predominantly soft pastel.
- Classroom or workshop work as well as copies of the work of other artists are not eligible.
- Works created/painted on top of a base photo, print or other mechanical reproduction are not eligible.
- Works based on professional or published photographs are not eligible (Note: this includes calendar photos).
- Works based solely on photographs in the public domain or with creative commons licenses are highly discouraged, and the original photographer must be credited in the work’s title. They may be subject to disqualification at the juror’s discretion.
- Failure to comply with these rules will result in the works being disqualified without notice or refund and may result in the artist being barred from entering future PAC exhibitions.
- A non-refundable fee of $10 per image for a maximum of 3 images.
- Deadline: Entries to be received no later than November 15, 2021.
- Notification of accepted work will be emailed no later than November 25, 2021.
- The Juror’s decision is final. No entry may be withdrawn once it has been accepted. No titles or other information may be changed.
- Your entry into this exhibition constitutes agreement for PAC to reproduce your accepted artwork for exhibition promotion purposes, and on its website.
- Non members who submit entries must either register as a member or they will forfeit the applicable jury fee.
Ready to Enter?
If you have read the call and are ready to enter complete the following submission form.
Check your image files
Entry and image SubmissioN
Pastel Artists.CA is using an online submission system for our exhibition entry calls. If you have used EntryThingy before, simply log in below and you’ll see our call.
If you haven’t used EntryThingy before, you will need to create an account using the form below. You can download this document for information and instructions on how to use EntryThingy.