Call For Entry
8th Annual Members' ONLY online Juried Exhibition
The Call for Entry is now open. You must be a member of Pastel Artists.CA to enter this exhibition. Acceptance into this exhibition qualifies towards signature status.
Enter Now to be part of our Online Exhibition
The exhibition opens December 1, 2020 on our website
First Place $300
Second Place $200
Third Place $100
5 Honorable Mentions $50 each
New Entry System
Pastel Artists.CA has switched to a new online submission system. All entries must be submitted through EntryThingy. You can download a How To use EntryThingy document below.
- Digital files must be in JPG (jpeg) format. Please ensure that the extension attached to the image file is .jpg. No other formats will be accepted. Only the image visible, no frames, mats etc. Make sure the image is level.
- Images must have a resolution between 1920 and 2400 pixels on its longest side. File size should be no smaller than 500 kb and no larger than 2MB.
- Images that don’t meet these specifications may fail to upload.
Jury fee is $10 per image. Maximum of 3 images
October 1: Open for Submission
November 15 Submission Deadline
November 25: Notifications Emailed
November 30: Award Notification
December 1: Exhibition Online
Meet our JurorS
Fred Fielding MPAC-EP
I am a dentist by profession but with a strong history of artists on both sides of my family, I have
always had an instinctive drive to create visual art.
My mother introduced me to pastels as a child and I have always loved working with them and
today they work particularly well for me as I have a studio set up in my office so I can leave and
come back without worrying about things drying.
I am self taught relying on books and videos with an occasional live workshop,but mostly much
trial and error painting.
I have been a member of PAC since the mid 1990s when I first began seriously learning the art
of pastel painting and am thrilled to have progressed to the title of eminent pastellist and
honored to be asked to help judge the annual members exhibition this year.
Heather Laws MPAC
Heather actively launched her career as an animal painter in a picturesque ‘Cabin’ on a Tottenham horse farm. Her animal companions, Maggie, a 3 year-old Clydesdale/Thoroughbred mare and Jesse, a year old Labrador/Great Dane cross became her ‘muses’. Heather spent much of her time developing a body of work for display at local horse shows and art festivals. With such exposure came increasing recognition.
Heather’s mentor was her father, the late Norman Laws. A talented and successful commercial artist, he nurtured her artistic talents, providing her with unfailing support and constructive artistic guidance.
Heather is an elected member of the Ontario Society of Artists(OSA); an associate member of the Colorado based Society of Animal Artists (SAA), and has received Master Pastelist status with Pastel Artists Canada (PAC, MPAC)
Susan Typert MPAC
An award-winning artist, Susan Typert has been recognized as a Master Pastelist by Pastel Artists Canada. Her work is painterly and impressionistic with the touch of a colourist’s hand. Pushing the traditional boundaries of pastel work, she develops compositions from a broad range of subjects, extending the frontiers through both subject matter and application. A full-time creative strategist in an ad agency, Susan enjoys painting from her studio in the outskirts of Toronto.
- Entry is online through our online submission system, EntryThingy. If you have not used EntryThingy before you will need to create an account first. Check out the How To document
- Entry is not confirmed until submission is complete and payment is received
- Open to PAC members in good standing working in soft pastel.
- A maximum of 3 digital images (jpg), by any one artist, may be entered.
- Entries will not be for sale and you do not need to enter a price
- All works must be original and created within the last 3 years (after October 1, 2017), and not shown in any previous PAC show (online or gallery show).
- Traditional soft pastels only—no oil pastels. The essential qualities of the painting must have been achieved with soft pastel and the final finishing layers of the painting must consist of predominantly soft pastel.
- Classroom or workshop work as well as copies of the work of other artists are not eligible
- Works created/painted on top of a base photo, print or other mechanical reproduction are not eligible.
- Works based on professional or published photographs are not eligible (Note: this includes calendar photos).
- Works based solely on photographs in the public domain or with creative commons licenses are highly discouraged, and the original photographer must be credited in the work’s title. They may be subject to disqualification at the juror’s discretion.
- Failure to comply with these rules will result in the works being disqualified without notice or refund and may result in the artist being barred from entering future PAC exhibitions.
- A non-refundable fee of $10 per image for a maximum of 3 images.
- Deadline: Entries to be received no later than November 15, 2020.
- Notification of accepted work will be emailed no later than November 25, 2020.
- The Juror’s decision is final. No entry may be withdrawn once it has been accepted. No titles or other information may be changed.
- Your entry into this exhibition constitutes agreement for PAC to reproduce your accepted artwork for exhibition promotion purposes, and on its website.
- Non members who submit entries must either register as a member or they will forfeit the applicable jury fee.
Ready to Enter?
If you have read the call and are ready to enter complete the following submission form.
Check your image files
Entry and image SubmissioN
Pastel Artists.CA is now using an online submission system for our exhibition entry calls. If you have used EntryThingy before, simply log in below and you’ll see our call.
If you haven’t used EntryThingy before, you will need to create an account using the form below. You can download this document for information and instructions on how to use EntryThingy.