Purely Pastel Call For Entry
32nd Open Juried Exhibition
The Call for Entry is now open. You do NOT need to be a member of Pastel Artists.CA to enter this exhibition. Acceptance into this exhibition qualifies towards signature status.
Enter Now to be part of our Purely Pastel Exhibition
November 29 to December 11, 2022
1241 Cartwright Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 4B7
June 2022 Best in Show by Kinga Chowdhry “Prickly Pear”
Art in Canada Grand Prize: $500
6 Additional Major Awards in cash and merchandize
Pastel Artists.CA uses an online submission system. All entries must be submitted through EntryThingy. You can download a How To use EntryThingy document below.
Entry Fees & Commission
- All entries must be for sale
- All sales are subject to a 20% commission
- PAC Members: A non-refundable fee of $15 per image
- Non-members: A non-refundable fee of $20 per image. Non-members who submit entries at the member price may be disqualified and their entry fee forfeited
- Entry fees are accepted through PayPal as part of the submission process. Note, you do not need a PayPal account. You can use a credit card
- Digital files must be in JPG (jpeg) format with .jpg file extension. No other formats will be accepted.
- Each image file name must be as follows: lastname, firstname, title, size.jpg example: Smith, Mary, Spring Meadow, 14×18.jpg
- Only the image is be visible: no frames, mats etc.
- Make sure the image is level.
- Images must have a resolution between 1200 and 2400 pixels on its longest side. File size should be no smaller than 500 kb and no larger than 2MB.
- Images that don’t meet these specifications may fail to upload.
Oct 23, 2022: Submission Deadline
Oct 30, 2022: Notifications Emailed
Nov 25, 2022: Delivery Deadline
Dec 3, 2022: Opening Reception & Awards Presentation (2-4 pm)
Dec 15-23, 2022: Pick up work
Entry Conditions & Eligibility
- PAC is using EntryThingy for submission entry. A How To Guide can be downloaded form from the “How to Document” link above.
- Entry is not confirmed until submission is complete and payment is received
- Open to all artists working in soft pastel. Traditional soft pastels only—no oil pastels. The essential qualities of the painting must have been achieved with soft pastel and the final finishing layers of the painting must consist of predominantly soft pastel.
- A maximum of 3 digital images (jpg), by any one artist, may be entered.
- All works must be for sale. All sales are subject to a 20% commission
- All works must be original and created within the last 3 years (after Sep 1, 2019), and not shown in any previous PAC show (online or physical show).
- Classroom, workshop work, works that has undergone a critique, as well as copies of work of other artists are not eligible.
- Works created/painted on top of a base photo, print or other mechanical reproduction are not eligible.
- Works based on photographic references must only be from your own original photograph. Work based on photographs taken by someone other than yourself are not permitted. This includes any image found on the internet, regardless of whether they are copyright free or in the public domain.
- Failure to comply with these rules will result in the works being disqualified without notice or refund and may result in the artist being barred from entering future PAC exhibitions.
- The Jurors’ decision is final.
- Works accepted by the jury must participate in the exhibition. Work cannot be withdrawn and submitted prices cannot be changed.
- Your entry in this exhibition constitutes an agreement to all conditions as stated.
- Neither PAC nor the exhibition gallery, their officers or employees will be responsible for loss or damage to paintings, however caused.
- Shipping/delivery and additional information will be provided to accepted artists at a later date.
Meet our JurorS
Kathy Hildebrandt, MPAC-EP
Kathy Hildebrandt, ASA, SCA-Hon, MPAC-EP, AFCA, ISAP, IGOR, PSA, IAPS/MC, is an international award winning artist and instructor, specializing in contemporary realism. Although primarily a pastellist, she also works in acrylic, watercolor and oil.
In addition to numerous regional and national awards, Kathy received the Fourth Pace award in the Abstract category of the 23rd Annual Pastel 100, an Honorable Mention in the Still Life and Floral category of the 19th Annual Pastel 100, the First Place award in the 17th Annual Pastel 100, as well as the Third Place award in that same category. She was also the recipient of the Bronze award in the 24th International Association of Pastel Societies (IAPS) exhibition as well as Honorable Mention in the 4th Master Circle IAPS exhibition.
Kathy’s pastel work has been published in articles appearing in several issues of the Pastel Journal as well as the 7th, 8th and 10th edition of the “Strokes of Genius” books. She was also featured in French art magazine, Pratique des Arts. Her acrylic work has been selected for inclusion in 6 AcrylicWorks books.
She has had work accepted into exhibitions across Canada as well as the Vose Gallery in Boston, the Marshall Gallery in Scottsdale, the Butler Institute of American Art in Youngstown, OH, the Salmagundi Club, the National Arts Club in New York City and the Principle Gallery in Alexandrian, VA. She was among a select group of pastelists invited to participate in the 2nd Biennial International Pastel Exhibition held in Suzhou, China and her work was acquired for the permanent collection of the Pastel Museum of Art in Suzhou
Kathy is a signature member of the Alberta Society of Artists (ASA), Pastel Artists Canada (PAC), Federation of Canadian Artists (AFCA), International Society of Acrylic Painters (ISAP), International Guild of Realism, Pastel Society of America (PSA) and an Elected Honorary member of Society of Canadian Artists (SCA-Hon). She is one of only 4 Canadian artists inducted into the Masters’ Circle of the International Association of Pastel Societies (IAPS/MC).
Kathy was recently named an Eminent Pastelist of Canada with Pastel Artists.CA, the highest level of recognition in the pastel medium.
Kathy is the Past President of two national art organizations: Pastel Artists.CA and the Society of Canadian Artists.
Anu Vedagiri, MPAC
Painting has long been a constant companion in Anu’s life, and she has relished the multidimensional evolution of their relationship. She has enjoyed developing what started as an academic pursuit into a unique conversation with her audience about her impressions of the beauty and dignity of everyday life from all over the world.
She is especially passionate about portraying the inherent nobility of individuals going about their daily routine that eloquently transcends thoughts, words and societal expectations. Still lifes of nature and landscape allow her to explore shade, depth and facets of the natural world. Eclectic themes that reflect the multitude of ideas, expressions and people that cross her path continually inspire her.
Kristin Vignal, MPAC
Kristin is a Calgary based artist who is passionate about the medium of dry pastel. For the most part, Kristin’s work is representational. When immersed in a painting she hopes to translate her appreciation of the subtle nuances of colour, pattern and small details of her chosen subject, and give the viewer pause to look closely and enjoy the moment. Kristin works in acrylics, collage and various drawing mediums as well, and is currently exploring abstract techniques. She has shared her knowledge of dry pastels with workshops for those who are new to the medium.
Kristin was awarded her MPAC Signature designation in 2017. She is an Active member with the Federation of Canadian Artists and was a founding member and inaugural president for a new FCA chapter while living in BC. Kristin’s work has been accepted in numerous regional, national and international exhibits, winning a variety of awards.
She is honoured to participate in the jurist’s panel for PAC’s 32nd Open Juried Exhibition. Submitting one’s work for the jurying process can be daunting but regardless of the outcome, the artist cannot help but realize both personal and artistic growth.
Use button above to download the Call for Entry, Conditions and full details
Ready to Enter?
If you have read the call and are ready to enter complete the following submission form.
Check your image files
Entry and image SubmissioN
Pastel Artists.CA is using an online submission system for our exhibition entry calls. If you have used EntryThingy before, simply log in below and you’ll see our call for entry.
If you haven’t used EntryThingy before, you will need to create an account using the form below. You can download this document for information and instructions on how to use EntryThingy.
Once your submission is entered, it cannot be changed.
Enter all required fields. There is a new field this year titled ‘Signature Status’. If you have signature status please ensure you complete this field, if you wish it to be associated with your name (A maximum of 4 credentials will be used in both printed and online identification, should your work be accepted…i.e. Jill Smith, MPAC, SCA, IAPS, AFCA)
Please direct any questions to the Submissions Coordinator: Kathy Hildebrandt (firstname.lastname@example.org)