Call For Entry
29th Annual Purely Pastel Open Juried ExhibitioN
Call for Entry is now open
29th Open Purely Pastel Open Juried Exhibition
Show will be online June 1, 2020
Ursula Reese Grand Prize $500 Cash
plus 8 additional major awards totalling over $1000 in cash and prizes
Margaret Ferraro MPAC-EP
Margaret’s pastel paintings have been exhibited in national and International exhibitions both in Canada and in the United States. Her pastel work has been seen and awarded in exhibitions with: The Pastel Society of America (NYC-The National Art Club), The Pastel Artists of Canada(various locations, Toronto, Vancouver, Hamilton and more) and the Pastel Society of Eastern Canada (Montreal).
- Digital files must be in JPG (jpeg) format. Please ensure that the extension attached to the image file is .jpg. No other formats will be accepted. Only the image visible, no frames mattes etc. Make sure the image is level.
- Images must have a resolution between 1200 and 2400 pixels on its longest side. File size should be no smaller than 500 kb and no larger than 2MB.
- Each image file name must be as follows: last name,first name,title, size (in inches).jpg. example: Smith,Mary,Spring Meadow,14×16.jpg
May 15 Submission deadline
May 22 Notifications Emailed
June 1 Show posted online
- Entry is online using the link below. Entry is not confirmed until submission is complete and payment is received
- Open to all artists working in soft pastel.
- A maximum of 3 digital images (jpg), by any one artist, may be entered.
- All works must be original and created within the last 3 years, and not shown in any previous PAC show (online or physical show).
- Traditional soft pastels only—no oil pastels. The essential qualities of the painting must have been achieved with soft pastel and the final finishing layers of the painting must consist of predominantly soft pastel.
- Classroom or workshop work as well as copies of the work of other artists are not eligible
- Works created/painted on top of a base photo, print or other mechanical reproduction are not eligible.
- Works based on professional or published photographs are not eligible (Note: this includes calendar photos).
- Works based solely on photographs in the public domain or with creative commons licenses are highly discouraged, and the original photographer must be credited in the work’s title. They may be subject to disqualification at the juror’s discretion.
- Failure to comply with these rules will result in the works being disqualified without notice or refund, and may result in the artist being barred from entering future PAC exhibitions.
- The Juror’s decision is final.
- Your entry in this exhibition constitutes an agreement to all conditions as stated.
Ready to Enter?
If you have read the call and are ready to enter click the Submit Now button